Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A new student review of Rituals

ViviB posted a new student review of Rituals . See the full review.

I liked the mystery and intrigue of this book and the way it combined with the other subtle element of magic. I thought that it could have used more character development, but it is the eighth book in a series, so the author probably expects at least a basic knowledge of the characters at this point. Though I would have appreciated more development, the book can be read as a stand-alone.
 
Faye was a great main character to follow. Her scientific mind catalogued and puzzled, and it was interesting piecing everything together with her. The surrounding characters were amazing as well, and the many different point of views, rather than distracting from the story, added to the suspense.
 
The author closed the mystery well, and I liked the subtle hints dropped throughout the book hinting to the culprit. I found the book hard to get into at the start, but it began picking up near the middle, and I was hooked.