Sunday, February 09, 2014

A new student review of The Journey of the Marked by Rebecca P. McCray

cshattan posted a new student review of The Journey of the Marked by Rebecca P. McCray. See the full review.

I loved reading this book.  McCray pulled me into the world she created, and I was lost in the adventure.  I had trouble trying to put this book down.  When I wasn’t reading, I was wondering what would happen to Eros or Prizene.  I liked how McCray placed old men in the forest, whose purpose was to help the marked reach their destination.  There are people out there who will help those in need, no matter the personal consequence.  This book shows the importance of having friends whom you can trust, who will not only protect themselves, but also watch your back. It also shows how even after you finish the most exciting endeavor, there is always another adventure.