Saturday, February 08, 2014

A new student review of Risking Exposure by Jeanne Moran

mikeym01 posted a new student review of Risking Exposure by Jeanne Moran. See the full review.

I personally loved the book, but some things about it scared me. An example is you have no freedom of speech. If any of Sophia’s letters had been incriminating, she would have been detained like the rest of her family. I could never imagine living in that fear; the fact that if the party wanted you gone you would be gone makes me question how Sophia felt? The book made my heart race from beginning to end; there was never a dull moment. Sometimes I felt such sorrow for the characters I wanted to stop reading, and wish I could come back to a happier story. If you are looking for a meaningful and realistic story (by that I mean not overly happy), then this is a book for you!