Saturday, February 22, 2014

A new student review of Deadly Intentions by Lisa Kuehne

Raphael posted a new student review of Deadly Intentions by Lisa Kuehne. See the full review.

This. Book. Was. Absolutely. Brilliant. There is no other way to describe it. It had everything action, romance, intrigue, drama all perfectly mixed together better than your Grandma's cookie batter. There was enough romance to keep me sighing, but it never got to sappy or obsessive. The story progressed beautifully, always keeping me on edge. Besides sometimes being dark and terrifying, Ava had a humorous sarcastic wit, along with an independent spirit. Seriously, this little lady could win the Miss Firecracker Award. Easily. I recommend you read the first book, True Intentions, beforehand, as it will catch you up on what happened before the chaos. I loved how this book had such a wide range of characters. I could at least connect to one of them. The ideas of heaven and the underworld this book portrays are interesting, too,the afterlife, the relationship between angels and demons, the ways mortals are smashed right in between. I also like how the story is told through Ava's point of view it helped me understand the method behind the madness. The vocabulary was fresh and definitely drew you into Ava's plight. After the dynamic ending, I am extremely anxious to read the final book in the series, needless to say. If you love almost having a heart attack from all the suspense in your books, this novel is for you! I keep bouncing up and down in the back of the cargo van but now Stephen and Susan are taking me to face Satan. Since they killed Rick, I suppose they'll have to find another human to end my life and make me one of his immortal followers. I would recommend this book for ages thirteen and up, or for mature readers. The novel did have some mild expletives in it, and casual sexual references. Even though it does talk about God, it is not a faith based book. Will Ava and Sam's relationship survive through all trials and tribulations? Will they be able to save Aiden's soul in time, or will evil rule? Read Lisa Kuehne's new novel to find out! Reviewer Age:12 Reviewer City, State and Country: Leopold, Missouri U.S.A.