Sunday, February 09, 2014

A new student review of My Date From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy Book Two) by Tellulah Darling

LISH0985 posted a new student review of My Date From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy Book Two) by Tellulah Darling. See the full review.

The book was amazing, with new additions to the Sophie crew making life even more interesting and funny for Sophie. And the major twists the author throws in kept me reading even after I was ready to go to bed. However there were some key points that I thought needed work. The ending of the book seemed rushed. Sophie finds out Fiona is really Demeter; Demeter, who was known to adore her daughter and ended up killing her. I wish there had been more time for that to sink in for Sophie and the reader before moving on to the next big shocker. And when Kai decides to leave her, that came out of the blue. Within the space of a couple chapters, he professes his love, says he knows the difference between Sophie and Persephone, and then proceeds to dump her when he learns that Persephone had betrayed him, meanwhile lumping Sophie in the same boat as Persephone. That didn't sit right. And the big change in Bethany at the end was confusing. I'm sure that it hadn't been two days, and the way Bethany is described sounds like something that would happen with more time. Overall I was greatly pleased with the book.