Sunday, February 09, 2014

A new student review of The Infects by Sean Beaudoin

swimmer1430 posted a new student review of The Infects by Sean Beaudoin. See the full review.

Zombie books are all the rage right now, so I was looking forward to reading The Infected. According to the book jacket, The Infected is supposed to be a witty and satirical look at current horror genre trends. I could tell the author wanted his book to be commentary on society, but I had no idea what point he was trying to make. The characters had little to no development and were merely engines to move the plot along. I did like the Rules of the Zombie Apocalypse that were scattered throughout the novel and think that was a nice touch. It's true that every book or movie in this genre follows a similar formula, which is part of The Infected's message.  All in all, I think some people will really enjoy The Infected - the writing by itself is pretty good and there are some twists and turns in the plot - but I am just not one of them.