Monday, February 24, 2014

A new student review of The Secret Diamond Sisters by Michelle Madow

GSracegirl posted a new student review of The Secret Diamond Sisters by Michelle Madow. See the full review.

I felt as though the book was really good.  It was the kind of book that when I opened it I was transported to Vegas.  It was as though I was right along side Payton when Oliver broke her heart. I could feel her disappointment, and her anger towards him.  The one thing that really stood out to me was that there was never a dull moment in the book. I never said to myself, “Oh, this part is really boring”. No, I could not stop reading. Also, this book was jam packed with drama. You felt as though you were betrayed by your father, and you could sympathize with Savannah when she had to leave her best friend and move far away and you might not ever see her again.  I loved the format of this book. Madow wrote from different personalities. She wrote from Savannah, Courtney, Payton, Madison, and then she did a little blog every so often.  I could really hear the different voices, and how they were all their own person.  Her descriptions were amazing, there is no other way to say it--the descriptions were really good.  This book is the helpless romantic's dream.