Friday, April 02, 2010

The Pricker Boy by Reade Scott Whinnem

What happens when you live in a forest and you see a boy whose skin is gray and resembles dead bark with thorns covering his body. Well that's exactly what happened to Stucks Cumberland. When his friend Ronnie tells all of his summer friends , Vivek ,Emily, and Robin, the story of the Pricker Boy everything goes down hill. If you are caught alone in the woods past the Widow's Stone then you will get kidnaped by the thorns and disappear forever. Is the Pricker boy real, or is he just someone making a big joke. When you adventure with Stucks and the gang you will find out in this thriller adventure what is really out there.

I believe this book was pretty good. Some of it was confusing but it all made sense in the end. The author did a really good job in making it feel like you were in the woods for the summer figuring out this mystery. I really liked what happened in the end and it really tied up all the loose ends well. This book "played" with all your emotions. I was very sad at some parts and cracking up at others. I believe the author found a good balance of mood. It also kept me on my toes the whole time I read it. I didn't find out every thing till the end which was good. I believe it was a little slow at some parts and that was the only thing that the author needed to change. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to read a woodsy ghost tale and to people who like thrillers and adventures.

There was an incline to suicide, kids smoking cigarettes, and some cursing.

Reviewer Age:17
Reviewer City, State and Country: Northport, NY USA