Sunday, April 18, 2010

Swoon at your own risk


Polly Martin has quite the dating history, and along with each ex (or in Polly's
case ex-ex-ex-ex) a club she took up to be with them. Her latest ex, Sawyer,
got her roped into working at Wild Waves Western-themed water park. Now
Polly has sworn off guys, there's new temptations in the form of a once fourth
grade desk-licker turned cute mysterious skateboarder. Thank goodness her
advice columnist grandmother, Miss Swoon, is moving in! But will Polly be able
to learn to love and be herself? Only summer will tell.
While reading, 'Swoon
At Your Own Risk', I was found sitting in a room, by myself, literally laughing out
loud! I thought Sydney Salter did a wonderful job capturing the essence of a
hectic teenager's life. She was able to include many components young girls deal
with, such as a family's messy divorce, embarrassing swimming pool moments,
emotional breakdowns, and soul searching. I liked how the author was able to
create such a realistic world in 'Swoon At Your Own Risk'. This book was very
entertaining and I can easily see myself reading it again because it was so
enjoyable. I recommend this book to anyone looking for a fun, or rather, funny
romantic comedy.
Mature content and innudendos
Reviewer
Age:16
Reviewer City, State and Country: Seaside, OR US