Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Cold Hands, Warm Heart by Jill Wolfson

The book Cold Hands, Warm Heart by Jill Wolfson, is a book about two teenagers whose lives suddenly collide. Fifteen year old Dani was born with her heart on the wrong side of her body. She has missed out on her whole childhood. Dani always ended up getting sick and was put back in the hospital. Her heart is ready to shut down and worse case scenario she has two weeks to live, unless she gets a transplant. Fourteen year old Amanda is a gymnast. She is perfectly healthy and is the best gymnast in her league. Amanda is up on the high bar when she suddenly faints. Her perfect health, gymnastic skills, and perfect life are about to change forever.

Cold Hands, Warm Heart by Jill Wolfson is a fantastic book! This book can not compare to any book I have read lately. The book was hard to put down and it kept me reading on. Some strengths that I noticed were the authors use of mood and imagery. The mood was a big part of the book that held my attention. In parts of the book I felt angry, sad, and mostly happy; especially when the character were happy. The use of Imagery was great, it painted a vivid picture in my mind and made it easier to follow along. I found the book interesting and I loved the ending. I loved how everything worked out in the end, but it was in the way I least suspected. I learned many things by reading this book. I learned about the heart and medical terms. I recommend this book to anyone who loves happy endings.

Reviewer Age:14

Reviewer City, State and Country: Sandy, OR USA