Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Dragon and Judge by Timothy Zahn

Jack Morgan is a fourteen year old orphan with Draycos a K'da poet warrior dragon on his back. If you read any of the previous books there is no need to try to explain that last sentence and if you didn't this probably isn't the review you should be reading first. In the latest Dragonback series book Jack Morgan is trying to find out the mystery of how his parents died. While his friend,that is a girl, Alison Kayna is trying to get away from the group of people that is trying to kill Draycos' people.

Nearing the inevitable end of the Dragonback series, Timothy Zahn uses his new book Dragon and Judge to answer a few ,not so burning, questions and to add some suspense pending the final book(s). If you've been following the series from the beginning you would probably want to read this book but you could do without. This book in my opinion is not the best book in the series, so if you're looking for new Timothy Zahn phenomenal you're not going to find it in Dragon and Judge. As I said before this book is more of a transition book that add a few new characters ,that I assume will be important in the upcoming book(s), and foreshadows a bit but nothing really deeply advancing the series. I have followed the Dragonback series from the beginning and as a long time Timothy Zahn fan I can definitely tell you that the final Dragonback book(s), if they are on par with the other Timothy Zahn book I read, will at worst be very good. I just hope that Timothy Zahn doesn't prove me wrong. Overall I would pass this book and just wait for the upcoming book(s) of the Timothy Zahn Dragonback series.

Rating (0 - 10 scale): 7

Reviewer Age: 17
Reviewer City, State and Country: Starkville, Mississippi United States Of America