Friday, May 22, 2009

Regenesis by C.J.Cherryh

Regenesis by C.J. Cherryh is the sequel to the book Cyteen. Ariane Emory is the main character in both books, Regenesis and Cyteen. Ari is one of the greatest clones. She is intelligent and does not have the human flaws that the original Ariane Emory possessed. Throughout the book, Ari is trying to discover who killed her original human. Ari finds information hidden for her by the original Ari to help her solve the mystery.

If you have not read Cyteen you will be confused and lost. It is not the type of book you can start midway into. I would highly recommend you start with the first book. I thought the book started out a little slow. The book has a lot of details and sometimes I felt that I got a little lost. You really have to pay attention when reading this book. I would suggest this book only for advanced readers. Overall, the book was interesting to read. I was disappointed in the ending though. At the end of the book not everything was concluded. I hope there is another book to help tie up the loose ends.

Reviewer Age:16

Reviewer City, State and Country: Lemoore, CA Kings