Thursday, June 06, 2013

A new student review of Faelorehn: Otherworld Trilogy (Book One) by Jenna Elizabeth Johnson

Rainbow Shard posted a new student review of Faelorehn: Otherworld Trilogy (Book One) by Jenna Elizabeth Johnson. See the full review.

Beginning to read Faelorehn gave me the impression that I was stepping into a world made of shadow.  I was pulled into the dark setting of Meghan’s life.  I very much enjoyed the irony of one of Meghan’s friends being a Celtic pagan of a sort, and then having Meghan’s reality become the Celtic myths.  I also loved Fergus, a dog with white fur and reddish ears who accompanies Cade.  I’ve always enjoyed mythology of any sort, and love books which involve Norse and Celtic myths in particular (Greek, Roman, and Eygptian myths steal the spotlight far too often.  Not that they aren’t enjoyable).  Meghan is maybe just another teenager with problems she doesn’t know how to deal with, but I appreciated her quiet inner strength.  A dark, romantic, and thoroughly enthralling book, I would recommend Faelorehn to any teen with a love of dark fantasy.