Monday, June 17, 2013

A new student review of The Beautiful and the Cursed

dancechicka posted a new student review of The Beautiful and the Cursed . See the full review.

As promised, this book certainly was unique in its own little way.  It had drama, romance, action, mystery...let’s just say that it kept me on the edge of my seat.  It introduced some points that I have never thought of before.  As soon as I looked at the cover and saw the title--The Beautiful and the Cursed:  Some Nightmares Walk in the Light--I knew I was going to have fun with this one.  I enjoyed all the different points of view—Ingrid’s, Luc’s, and even Gabby’s.  It added much more drama to the novel and helped me understand the plot a little better.  All in all, this was a great book and I would thoroughly recommend it.

“The heat fired up her arm and boiled through her veins.  It reached her face and colored everything she saw red.” --excerpt from The Beautiful and the Cursed

I would recommend this book for ages ten and up, for the reading level, book length, vocabulary, and the mild expletives that you may run across while you or your child is reading.

After uncovering a secret that can never again be buried, will Ingrid ever make it all worth it by finding her lost brother...or will she die trying?  Read Page Morgan’s The Beautiful and the Cursed to find out!

Note:  Can’t get enough of Ingrid and the gang?  The second installment of the Dispossessed series by Page Morgan, The Lovely and the Lost, is coming out in spring 2014!