Friday, July 22, 2016

A new student review of Valley of Fires by J. Barton Mitchell

Jatay posted a new student review of Valley of Fires by J. Barton Mitchell. See the full review.

This was a really fast-paced book with lots of action. In order to understand what's happening, I definitely advise reading the other books in the series. This was the only book I read in the series, and some parts were confusing. I really liked this book because there was never a dull moment, and there were lots of cliff-hangers. The only drawback was that the plot was sometimes unrealistic, for example when Mira and Holt had a perfectly planed escape and when they miraculously evaded certain death over and over. My favorite character was a daring girl named Ravan. She is not one of the main characters, but I like her because she is an awesome pirate.This is a great book for Sy-Fi and dystopian readers.