Saturday, July 30, 2016

A new student review of Happily Ever After High School by Savannah Ostler

MistySpirit posted a new student review of Happily Ever After High School by Savannah Ostler. See the full review.

I liked the concept behind Happily Ever After High School, however, I did not like the way the characters were developed and acted. I found it hard remembering that they were seniors in high school instead of middle schoolers. A lot of the reactions to simple things did not seem to fit the older age group.  Also, a lot of the events in the book seemed cliché to me, such as how Albany became friends with the popular group of girls, only to be stabbed in the back by them later. Or how the day she needed her knight in shining armor, he was suddenly missing. And I could often predict what would happen before I read it. Still, I think the ideas behind Happily Ever After High School are good, but it would probably appeal more to younger MS readers than to true HS students.