Sunday, July 17, 2016

A new student review of The Island of Beyond by Elizabeth Atkinson

Booklover1111 posted a new student review of The Island of Beyond by Elizabeth Atkinson. See the full review.

I liked The Island of Beyond because it had great details. I could picture the mansion in my head because of the way the author made it sound spooky and scary. I liked how Martin changed throughout the book--from the beginning, when he didn't really have friends and he just kept to himself, all the way to the end when he got more daring to try new things. I think that Solo was an interesting character. You really didn't know much about him until the end of the book. He is the opposite of Martin because, unlike Martin, Solo does a lot more things that take courage, and he practically lives outdoors. The island, like all the characters, is strange and mysterious. The book was a little slow in the beginning, but in the end it was worth the wait. I also liked how I could connect to the adventure in the book. You should read The Island of Beyond if you like realistic fiction with a twist of adventure.