Monday, March 16, 2015

A new student review of Toks & the Phoenix Project by A.S Lawal

JesusFreak posted a new student review of Toks & the Phoenix Project by A.S Lawal. See the full review.

When I began reading this book, I found myself bored with it. I felt the main character, Toks, was whiny and unlikable.  She made bad decisions throughout the book. However, as I came to the ending I began to like her character. Additionally, I did not care for the author’s writing style. I thought that most of the dialogue in the book made it seem as though the author was telling the story to a child. It was not a writing style that appealed to me.

I felt the book started out slowly in the beginning, though about halfway through it started to pick up. The last two chapters were especially exciting.

The book was promising, and it had great ideas. It just didn't turn out the way I was hoping it would.