Sunday, March 29, 2015

A new student review of The First Principle by Marissa Shrock

thudson36 posted a new student review of The First Principle by Marissa Shrock. See the full review.

I thought The First Principle by Marissa Shrock was an overall good book. I liked how the main character, Vivica, was a strong female protagonist, but I found her hard to relate to. I enjoyed reading about the futuristic world she lives in, because it was very well developed and makes you think about issues we face today in society. The writing wasn’t very descriptive but I found this moved the story along at a nice pace, and I never found myself getting bored. I felt some parts of the novel were unrealistic, and things moved at an impractical speed. I wouldn’t recommend this book to anybody who has strong opinions about Christianity, due to the highly religious themes expressed in this novel. I also wouldn’t recommend it to anybody against pro-choice because it contains strong pro-life opinions. Overall, I enjoyed the world and action in this novel, although it did contain strong themes and opinions.