Monday, March 12, 2012

After Obsession by Carrie Jones and Steven E. Wedel

In After Obsession, there are four stages and none of them are pretty.

1.           Invitation: When you ask him in
2.           Infestation: When he destroys your home
3.           Obsession: When he destroys your body
4.           Possession: When there’s no coming back

After Obsession by Carrie Jones and Steven E. Wedel is an amazing story that I just finished. It is about a girl named Aimee, who lives in Maine, and her best friend, whose dad died just a few weeks ago. Then, a boy named Alan moves to Maine. Right from the start, Alan and Aimee are connected. They know they will have to work together to save someone or something; the only problem is, they don’t know who, or how.

 This book was very good, and once I started I couldn't stop. The entire time I was reading, I felt as if I was there in the book. The book has a very mysterious mood and tone that keeps you very intrigued. The authors give so much voice into the characters that I believed everything that they did and said. The authors’ writing is very effective and powerful. The ending really surprised me. It was not something I expected, and it really made me wish there was more. I would definitely recommend this book to a reader looking for a great story with a little mystery and some interesting characters.

 There is some mature content, strong language in this story, and some violence, so I would recommend this book to older teens. 

 Rating: 7
Content: 2
Reviewer Age:13
Reviewer City, State and Country: Leawood, Kansas United States of America