Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Poisons of Caux: Book Two by Susannah Appelbaum



Ivy the prophecy child and her sidekick Rowan have to travel to the guild to face the evil director.  Ivy keeps on healing others and is becoming well known around Caux.  They make many new friends on the way. They also face many hardships.   This book is packed with action from the start to the deadly encounter.


Overall I enjoyed this book. One of the things that I enjoyed about it were the people in it because they are really interesting.  One example is “the errant taster was on the run from the dreaded Tasters’ guild, where he learned his trade, only to practice it disastrously-killing twenty of Kings Nightshade’s men and the man he was specifically charged with protecting.”   The beginning was sort of slow for me but it got into a lot of action by the end. An example of that is “the footsteps were quickening now as she turned instead to  wake Rowan, and she had little time to shake her friend before the unwelcome arrival was upon them.”   I really hope that the third book in this truly frightening series is like the first two. The author did a great job on her second novel. My favorite thing I liked about this book is the main chaaracter Ivy. She is a very smart and courageous young girl. She also reminded me of Violet from the Series of Unfortunate Events.    I recommend this book to people 10 and up.


Reviewer Age:12
Reviewer City, State and Country: Uxbridge, MA USA