Monday, June 22, 2009

How To Buy A Love Of Reading by Tanya Egan Gibson

In Carley Well's life, reading wasn't one of her top priorities. Her personal trainer, her tutor, and her English Teacher, Mr. Nagel, are not some of her favorite people in the world. When Carley answers one of Mr. Nagle's questions of "What is your favorite book?" with "Never met one I liked.", Mr Nagel and Carley's parents decide to fix that problem. Carley is to have a book written just for her, that meets her standards, and has to impress Mr. Nagel along with the town of Fox Glen.

After reading this book I was amazed. Not only was I amazed by the actual story line of the book, but I was stunned at the language that was used. At the same time, I came to understand that without the cursewords that were used in the book, the characters would not be who they are and the whole book would be completely different. Other than the cursewords, I found the book to be very interesting but yet maybe not at the age level that it should be. I would recommend this book to an age of a higher level of reading such as maybe 16 or 17 years old.

I rated the content of the book a 2 because I felt that they used some curse words that may be have been too mature for the reader and also spoke of sexual interaction throughout the book.

Reviewer Age:13

Reviewer City, State and Country: Springfield , Ohio United States