Monday, March 23, 2015

A new student review of Haw by Sean Jackson

JesusFreak posted a new student review of Haw by Sean Jackson. See the full review.

When I began reading this book, I was immediately pulled into Lucas’s world. Though very gory, the author described the state of the world in this book perfectly. The descriptions he used were enough to give me an idea of what it would be like to live in a devastated world, yet they weren't so long that they bored me.

The characters weren’t your average heroes; they were damaged people living in an imperfect world. Though damaged, they were likable and relatable. The author set up the characters and kept me on the edge of my seat through the use of dual points of view.

I was a bit confused about what the author called "citoyens." A bit more elaboration on who they were may have made it less confusing for me.

All in all, this book is a swift read for those who like dark, apocalyptic worlds.