Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A new student review of Contract City by Mark Falkin

jotaf posted a new student review of Contract City by Mark Falkin. See the full review.

Personally, I didn't really like Contract City. Some of the things that I didn't like about it were that the storyline was really hard to follow and it got really slow during most of the book. Also, I really thought that it ended terribly; there was a huge jump in time right when there was a lot of action going on. Maybe if there had been one more chapter between the second to last chapter and the last chapter it would have been better. Also, something happened in the end that I didn't really think should have happened. Most of the people in this book were drinkers and smokers, which was another thing I didn't like about this book. Lastly, I didn't like that I couldn't really understand most of the personalities of the characters, including Sara, which was disappointing because she was the main character.  The book started to get better about two thirds of the way through the book because it started to speed up and added more action; unfortunately, it bombed with me before and after that.  I would give this book a two and a half star rating if possible, but since it is not, I will give it three stars.