Wednesday, June 17, 2009

See No Evil

"See No Evil" is the tale of a girl named Nettie. She does not go to school like all other kids; instead, she has a private tutor. Her favorite of these tutors, Miss Kovachev, disappears under mysterious circumstances. After her parents refuse to tell her why, she asks for the help of her friend Bennie, the night watchmen's son. They soon begin to uncover the horrifying reality behind Nettie's father, Vladamir (aka Vlad the Impaler), and many other shocking truths.

I found this book extremely hard to follow and could not understand what was going on for the majority of what I read. All of a sudden, I'd understand something, but it wouldn't make sense in the storyline, since I didn't know what was going on in the first place. I thought Nettie was not a very interesting main character, nor was anybody else in the story. Her disdain for every tutor she had (except Miss Kovachev) made me think she was just a bratty main character and the disappearance of her favorite teacher is hardly a good reason to investigate. I was interested in the fact that Vlad the Impaler was Nettie's father, but even that was not enough to keep my interest in this book. I definitely would not recommend this.

Content: 1
Rating: 2
Reviewer Age: 15
Reviewer City, State and Country: Westerville, OH United States