Tuesday, August 02, 2016

A new student review of Shades of Blue by Joyce Scarbrough

cello1 posted a new student review of Shades of Blue by Joyce Scarbrough. See the full review.

Shades of Blue is honestly one of the best books I have ever read. I felt like I was Jojo, the narrator, while I read this book. I felt like I was actually a part of this story and I was there to witness everything. Joyce Scarbrough, the author, did an amazing job at writing this book to pull the reader into the story and make the reader feel everything as if it were happening to their own life. I loved both Jojo and Sam’s characters and I loved the relationship they had with each other. This book was definitely a heartfelt tearjerker. Out of all the books I have read, I think this is the only one that really brought tears to my eyes. This story gives hope, not only to abusive families, but anyone that is going through a rough point in their life, that everything will be okay, and there is always a way out, regardless of the situation. I could not thank the author enough for creating this wonderful story. I definitely recommend this book to anyone, especially readers that are searching for hope, faith, and maybe even love.