Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A new student review of The Mourning Emporium by michelle Lovric

jotaf posted a new student review of The Mourning Emporium by michelle Lovric. See the full review.

I thought The Mourning Emporium was a good book filled with adventure and magic.  The characters were well-developed and almost seemed like they could be real.  One thing I liked about this book was that it started with a quick half-page summary of book one. For those who hadn't read it, it also explained other parts from book one when needed during book two.  A part I liked in the book was when, after the ice flood, Lorenzo knew that he wouldn’t be able to get flowers for his mother’s funeral.  Instead, he carved and painted wooden violets to use.  The author, Michelle Lovric, kept the action going throughout the book, and I didn‘t want to put it down.  I would recommend The Mourning Emporium to ages eleven through sixteen.