Tuesday, November 04, 2014

A new student review of Acid

JesusFreak posted a new student review of Acid . See the full review.

This book is one of the best I've read for a while.  With non-stop action and suspense, it had me on edge the entire time I read it.  Jenna Strong is a very likeable, kick-butt character.  Her willingness to fend for herself and take down anyone who got in her way appealed to me.  The lead male character, Max, wasn't the most likeable when the book started.  However, as the book progressed, I began to like him more.  The way he didn't look at Jenna as weak but still cared for her was likeable.

The book cover was also beautifully done.  The effects in the background had amazing quality, and the model on the front matched the description of Jenna brilliantly.

In many books, the description is so long that you begin to lose interest, but this was not the case in ACID.  The author didn't use too much or too little description, just enough so that the reader knew what was going on.

Overall, this book was amazing and I highly suggest it to young adults ages 16+.