Saturday, October 04, 2014

A new student review of Keepers of Runes and the Tower of Shadows by Andrew Cratsley

jotaf posted a new student review of Keepers of Runes and the Tower of Shadows by Andrew Cratsley. See the full review.

Keepers of Runes and the Tower of Shadows is the first book in a series.  It was an exciting book that had the action, magic, and thrills that I like, but it was often so confusing that I didn't know who was speaking and had to read the same sentence three times to understand what was happening.  This was a very good book despite that one mistake, though.  One of the good parts of this book was that the characters were very well developed.  For example, Corinth was an elf that needed to open up a little bit, but he still enjoyed the company of his friends.  I also liked the part in the book where they were buying magical items from a trader and one of the characters was able to weasel down the price with her good looks.  I would recommend this book to ages twelve through seventeen.  I'd really love to give this book a five star rating, but the fact that it was so confusing dropped its point level to a four star for me.