Friday, May 02, 2014

A new student review of Talonridge by Heimdall Thunderhammer

jotaf posted a new student review of Talonridge by Heimdall Thunderhammer. See the full review.

Out of the two books, I liked Magefable better than Talonridge.  This book didn't catch my attention as well as Magefable.  Talonridge was full of action, yet only grabbed my attention in half of the book instead of all; it was a little confusing at times.  It was still a very good book, though, with lots of other good parts.  I liked how well the author made the new characters fit in with the old characters.  I also liked how well he developed the new characters and added finishing touches to the old ones.  My favorite character is still Durbin the mouse because he is doing his best to follow in the footsteps of his father to protect anyone in need.  I would recommend this book to ages 10 through 14 because there is fighting, killing, and a few tough words.  Readers over the age of 14, however, might get bored.