Thursday, May 29, 2014

A new student review of The Break-Up Artist by Philip Siegel

ReesaOnFire posted a new student review of The Break-Up Artist by Philip Siegel. See the full review.

I thoroughly enjoyed “The Break-Up Artist." A sweet yet spicy chick story, it satisfied my desire to read a flirty yet interesting book. The first selling point for me was that Siegel kept consistency in nearly everything. This allowed me to enjoy the story and eagerly watch Siegel’s characters develop. Becca, Siegel’s main character, held my attention through her development and growth in both her character and choices. Humor danced upon Siegel’s story, making me chuckle every few pages or so. It was so refreshing to see the character grow from a frightened person to a strong one. Siegel’s characters all learnt something and, through his smooth storytelling style, the reader did too.

A great summer read for all, “The Break-Up Artist” is on my list of top beach books. I give this 5 out of 5 stars for applause worthy character development, fantastic plot and overall job well done.

Recommended for ages 13+