Tuesday, January 03, 2012

The Silent by Rebecca Kenney


The Silent by Rebecca Kenney

At Mourning High, everything seemed normal. Normal kids, normal teachers, normal school, normal day. But as Nikki Altemann arrives at school one day she learns everything is no longer normal. The head faculty and staff received threatening, and frightening emails. Detectives and police are called in.  The problem is, the emails are untraceable. So a head detective "hires" Nikki to be the ears and eyes of the school.  Only her faith can give her the courage she needs to face what's coming in the months to come.
I think the book was very well written. The author was very specific about the events that occurred. Every page had me on the edge of my seat down to the end of every sentence. In almost every scene I pictured myself in the background. I also found it easy to relate to several of the events. If I could have changed anything about the book, it would have been to make the final chapter longer and more vivid so the reader could've had a more vivid idea of what was going on. I learned to never take life and what you have for granted, because you never know when everything can change.

Reviewer Age:14
Reviewer City, State and Country: Jackson, Missouri USA