Saturday, November 12, 2011

Journal of a Schoolyard Bully by Farley Katz

Niko Kaylor is feared by all-at least, he is feared by all in his middle school! He takes lunch money from innocent nerds and gives anyone willing to face his wrath the ultimate wedgie. When he gets caught, though, and he has to keep a journal of what he does in order to stop his bullying, he actually makes his feelings into a guide for wanna-be bullies. Finally, after weeks and months of being an angel, Niko makes a plan to take down the middle school once and for all, giving everyone, including the teachers and adult staff, a good lesson in bullying.

I thought this book was all right. When I was browsing for a new book, the description said that if you liked the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series that you would like this. Well, being a Wimpy fan, I got the book. I would read it again, but it wasn't my most favorite book in the world. It was somewhat hard for me to believe in Niko Kaylor, the main character, as a real person. He does things that most bullies wouldn't even think of! He dunks kids in the toilet, he launches smell planes, and more! I think that the reason that I can't believe that he is real is because this is a fiction book. oh, well! All in all, it was a fairly good book, and if you like cartoon novels, I would recommend it.

Reviewer Age:14
Reviewer City, State and Country: Hopkins, Michigan USA