Monday, November 14, 2011

Dreams of Significant Girls

Dreams of Significant Girls by Christina Garcia is about

three girls who are nothing alike. Their names are
Vivien, Ingrid, and Shirin. They meet one summer at a
camp in Switzerland. At first, they do not get along very
well. They end up being roommates for two more summers,
which causes them to become best friends. They back each
other up when they are going through issues or first
loves. They form a bond that lasts for years after their
last year in Switzerland. The girls' differences pulled
them closer together as friends.

I thought that this
book really made me feel as if I were a part of the
characters. I thought it was well-written. I also liked
how the point of view changes from Ingrid's point of view
to Vivien's point of view to Shirin's point of view. It
made it a bit different and interesting. The plot of the
book was good though some parts were a bit inappropriate
for younger readers. I would recommend this book to older
teenagers.

strong language; inappropriate scenes for
younger readers
Reviewer Age:14 Uxbridge, MA USA