Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Bonny Light Horseman by L. A. Meyer

In My Bonny Light Horseman, Jacky Faber faces many dangers
such as a dangerous battle at sea and a close to death
visit to the guillotine. She comes close to death many
times and every time she wiggles her way out. When she is
captured by her old enemy from British Intelligence, she
is placed as a dancer in a nightclub to get secrets out of
French officers who frequent there. She soon blows her
cover though and is forced to follow Emperor Napoleon
Bonaparte into war. The thing is, this time death might
not let her go as easily.

My Bonny Light Horseman was a page turner and I loved
it. Throughout the whole book I felt I was there with
Jacky Faber. Dancing alongside her, following her into
war, I could really picture every detail. I also loved
Jacky s personality. She was brave, kind, and smart in her
own kind of Jacky Faber way. The book had a lot of mature
content and I would suggest it for the older readers.
Overall My Bonny Light Horseman was an amazing book and a
great read.

I gave the book a content rating of
3 because there were a few words and mature content
that would not be appropriate for younger kids

9

Reviewer
Age:12

Reviewer City, State and Country: Panama City,
Florida United states