Saturday, May 03, 2008

Cicada Summer by Andrea Beaty

In the small town of Olena, lives a quiet girl, named Lily Mathis, with a secret past. When the general store owner's niece, Tinny, comes to visit, everything changes. Tinny steals candy and blames it on Lily. She also tries to steal Lily’s friends and her father's love. Then Tinny disappears and Lily must find her. But it means confronting her hidden past.

This book is terrific! It is very detailed and it feels like you are actually there. I could not put this book down because I wanted to know where Tinny was and how Lily was going to find her! I would go to bed at night dreaming about what I had just read and what would happen next. Of course I was completely wrong about the ending!

Reviewer Age:14

Reviewer City, State and Country: Gearhart, Oregon United States