Monday, October 15, 2007

Saving Zoe

It's been one year since the brutal murder of her older
sister, Zoe, and fifteen-year-old Echo is still reeling from
the aftermath. Her parents are numb, her friends are moving
on, and the awkward start of her freshman year proves she'll
never live up to her sister's memory. Until Zoe's former
boyfriend Marc shows up with Zoe's diary. At first Echo's
not interested, doubting there's anything in there she
doesn't already know. But when curiosity prevails, she
starts reading, becoming so immersed in her sister's secret
world, their lives begin to blur, forcing Echo to uncover
the truth behind Zoe's life so that she can start to rebuild
her own.

Overall, I think Saving Zoe was a really good book. In
the beginning, things were a little slow. After Echo
received Zoe's diary, it became really interesting, the plot
got exciting, and I became engrossed in the book, barely
able to put it down. I thought the plot was very original.
It had a great combination of heartbreak and humor,
creating an awesome storyline. Alyson Noel's descriptions
of the characters and setting made me feel as if I were
actually in the novel. While reading Zoe's diary and what
was going on in Echo's life, I felt a deep connection with
them. They seemed so real with their complicated and
interesting lives. I really liked the ending, too, because
it tied up all loose ends and didn't leave me hanging.
Noel's writing was beautiful and powerful. From reading
this book, I have learned to appreciate the time I have
with my loved ones. I recommend this book to every teenager
out there!

Rating (0 - 10 scale): 8

The book contained several accounts of underage drinking,
drugs, and sex.

Reviewer Age:16

Reviewer City, State and Country: Leopold, MO United States