Saturday, October 27, 2007

My Swordhand is Singing

In the dead of winter, when its wrath is at its peak,
something stirs. Something so evil and full of hate, there
are no words that can describe it. In the small village of
Chust, Tomas and his son, Peter, make their livelihood as
woodsmen. As attacks upon livestock occur, rumors of the
Shadow Queen drift back and forth around the village. When
the wandering gypsies come to Chust, painful memories of the
past flood through Tomas. An ancient evil has once again
risen, and Tomas must go out to face it.

I thought this was an extremely suspenseful read. As I
read along, I began to make predictions about what was going
to happen next. Unfortunately for me, just about all of my
guesses were incorrect. Towards the end of the story, it
becomes just a smidgen more suspenseful, and even a little
more horrifying. Personally, I thought the book would be
longer and have more scary deeds. I was also hoping for more
action. All in all, it was a fast paced, enjoyable, and
chilling little read.

Rating (0 - 10 scale): 8

Reviewer Age:14

Reviewer City, State and Country: Denair, California America