Thursday, March 12, 2015

A new student review of Amy's Choice by Marcia Strykowski

Anjel posted a new student review of Amy's Choice by Marcia Strykowski. See the full review.

I really liked this book. I usually read fantasy so this was a new experience for me, but I learned that fantasy isn’t the only genre I like. One of my favorite parts is when Pup comes back to say hi because It sounds like my dog when she runs away but then (minutes or hours later) we find her standing on the front porch ready to come in. I also liked that Finn was an artist because I am one as well. However, I disliked that some of the kids smoked but I also feel as if it was necessary to keep the story going. All in all I would recommend this to middle school students, summer book lists, people who like historical fiction and people who like Beholding Bee by Kimberly Newton Fusco and Rooftoppers by Katherine Rundel.