Thursday, August 27, 2015

A new student review of Flying Mutant Zombie Rats by Kat de Falla

jotaf posted a new student review of Flying Mutant Zombie Rats by Kat de Falla. See the full review.

I thought Flying Mutant Zombie Rats was an enjoyable and humorous book, one with a funny plot line. 

It was hilarious that the portal to another dimension opened while Pea was doing a back-flip on his BMX bike. Another part in the book I enjoyed was when a cat named Maximillian started talking; it was funny when Pea was surprised by it. 

This book was a new kind of book for me. I have never read a book quite like this one; adventure, friendship, and tongue-in-cheek humor made it interesting. I felt that the storyline slowed in some parts, although it wasn't that often. At times weird, at times gripping, this book would appeal to many boys. I would have given this book five stars, but I didn't appreciate some of the gross humor. I would recommend this book to students ages nine through fourteen, or to anyone that enjoys books where kids overcome impossible odds.