Saturday, August 16, 2014

A new student review of The Tale of Cloran Hastings by Brandon M. Dennis

jotaf posted a new student review of The Tale of Cloran Hastings by Brandon M. Dennis. See the full review.

I really enjoyed The Tale of Cloran Hastings because it was adventurous, exciting, sad, and surprising.  One part I really liked that made it exciting was when Cloran and his crew were attacked by man-wraiths and had to fight their way out of their predicament.  One thing I didn’t enjoy so much was that, even though this was book one, it felt like there was more to the story before this; it just kind of jumped right into the story.  Also, at the end, it left me hanging.  I would be really sad if the author didn’t make a sequel.  Overall though, this book was a real page-turner; I just couldn’t put it down.  I would recommend this book for ages 11 and up because there was some death, blood, and other mature content.