Sunday, July 27, 2014

A new student review of The Princesses of Iowa by M. Molly Backes

thudson36 posted a new student review of The Princesses of Iowa by M. Molly Backes. See the full review.

The Princesses of Iowa was a fantastic novel. From the very beginning I was hooked, and I found myself so engaged in Paige’s story. The word choice, figurative language and descriptive writing the author uses pulls you into Paige’s setting, feeling loss, pain and happiness when she does. The plot was well spread out, I never found myself getting bored with the content. The sentences seemed to flow together perfectly, causing me to never want to stop reading. The only negative comment I have after reading this novel is some parts could get a bit cliché and describes the stereotypical “popular girl”.  This is definitely a contemporary novel. Overall, I loved this book and would highly recommend it.