Wednesday, April 03, 2013

A new student review of The Sin Eater's Confession (Carolrhoda Ya)

sabol posted a new student review of The Sin Eater's Confession (Carolrhoda Ya) . See the full review.

I found this book to be one of the most gripping and suspenseful thriller novels I have ever read. Ilsa J. Bick took great care in weaving each thread into the complexity of the plot that keeps you holding your breath. I found myself becoming so attached to the tragic hero; at one moment feeling sympathy, and other times screaming at him in frustration. At times I had to force myself to stop reading at night. And when the story was over, there were even more unanswered questions than before.  The Sin-Eater’s Confessions is not only an engrossing novel, it is also a social statement that questions sexuality, the role of parents, and the struggle that teens undergo when trying to define who they are among society,