Thursday, December 01, 2011

The Always War by Margaret Peterson Haddix



War, war, war. To Tessa war has always been a part of her life. Her parents work and give most of the money they make to the war. Tessa goes to school and learns how to help with the war. People dedicate their life to this war.
 Then one day Tessa meets up with her used to be childhood friend, Gideon, a now traumatized war hero.  In a split-second decision Tessa decides to follow Gideon when he runs away.  This is when the real adventure begins.  Tessa and Gideon discover many mysteries, while escaping near death situations and making life altering. So, the question is will you join them on their quest to discover freedom, excitement, and most of all-the truth.

The always war is an exciting and surprising book. Try as I might, I could not figure out the twisted ending to this book. I like that in a book.  This book was definitely a page turner. I loved everything about this book except that it was a little hard to get into. But once you' re into it, you' re into it. I stayed up past my bedtime to finish this book. Overall, the Always War is a great book, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes to read fast paced, action packed books.

Reviewer Age:14
Reviewer City, State and Country: Rapid City, SD US