Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Dark Ferryman by Jenna Rhodes

Warrior Queen Lariel Anderieon is faced with inevitable battle. Plagued with worries and visions she prepares for a battle against the Galdarkan warlord, Abayan Diort. She calls upon staunch friends and uneasy allies in order to have enough support for the upcoming war. While preparing, the ancient Raymy attack the shores of Kerith. An unholy alliance between this ancient foe and Quendius, the half-breed weaponsmith intends to bring both Vaelinar and Galdarkan to their knees. The Hand of the Queen, the half-breed Sevryn, would lay down his life to protect his lady Rivergrace, and his queen. When Rivergrace is accused of treachery he has to choose between the two. With his love imprisoned and a demon struggling to possess him, what will he choose?

I enjoyed this book very much. It took me several chapters to get into it but once I did I couldn't put it down. The enduring love of Sevryn and Rivergrace pulled me into their story. Jenna Rhodes used descriptive language to make the settings and situations flow off the page and into the reader's heart and mind. The treachery and hurt that the characters suffered made my heart ache and I rejoiced with them during times of joy. Reading this book had given me a new author to look for and a new series to enjoy.

Reviewer Age:14
Reviewer City, State and Country: Braintree, Massachusetts USA