Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Guy Next Door by Carol Culver

After her parents get divorced, Maggie moves away from the guy next door, her love, Ethan. Maggie misses the days when she and Ethan used to ride bikes and play tag because now with her metal braces and glasses he barely notices her. After her invisible braces replace her metal ones and contacts replace her glasses, Maggie finally gets the chance to talk to him at a dance, and when she gives him a fencing lesson. Now, that they're taking a chorus trip to Hawaii, Maggie will get to show off the bikini that her friend, Victoria, made her. But is that enough to get Ethan to notice her?

The Guy Next Door is an amazing book. Carol Culver always added a different twist, that you would never see coming. When Culver wrote about the class in Hawaii, I felt like I was there experiencing the surfing, sand and sun right along with the characters. This was a great read because I felt like I knew the characters. I would recommend it to any girl because overall I LOVED it.

Reviewer Age:12

Reviewer City, State and Country: Oakmont, Pennsylvania United States

Rating: 9

Content Rating: 1