Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A new student review of Of Beast and Beauty

JesusFreak posted a new student review of Of Beast and Beauty . See the full review.

    When I started this book, I found it very boring.  I read ten chapters and it still didn’t pick up.  Around chapter nineteen was where it started to get exciting for me.  I could see Isra and the monstrous, Gem, begin to fall in love.  There were multiple twists that were revealed as well.  Perhaps if the author hadn’t dragged on the sentences as much it would have been entertaining throughout the entire book.
    One of the things I liked about this book was that the idea was intriguing.  I’d heard the story of Beauty and the Beast before, but this book twisted the story into something almost completely different, but with the same concept.
    Another thing I liked about this book was the cover art.  It was beautifully made, and I loved how they didn’t show the girl’s face on the cover so that you could use your imagination to see what she looked like.
    I recommend this book for those who like love stories and mystery.