Friday, April 01, 2011

All About Daisy by O'Dell Hutchison

High School is a difficult time; this is usually a point at which people find themselves and figure out who they are. Daisy plans to become  popular by making a to-do list full of things like: get a boyfriend, find a BFF, grow boobs, land a spot on the cheerleading squad, etc. Throughout the book Daisy goes through twists and turns and high and low points. Different things happen throughout the book that lead Daisy to find out who she is and what she cares about. Daisy's emotions and personality are something someone her age can relate to in one way or another.  The book leaves you with a surprise ending and I'm looking forward to reading the next book in this cute series.
I could really feel Daisy's emotions in this book. I felt like I was right along with her and I was in the book. I could visualize the characters clearly, from the charming Russ to the evil Megan-I felt like I saw them the way she saw them. I wasn't crazy about the writing style of the book, because there are some scenes where Daisy thinks things that didn't make the most sense to me and seemed unnecessary, but that's just a personal opinion. I liked the book and I thought it was a fun read and that the author did  a good job of capturing Daisy's emotions, though it wasn't one of the best books I have ever read. I would recommend this book to readers who like a girly high school coming-of-age book.
For most readers I think this book would be just fine(appropriate wise), though I was quite surprised by some of the scenes. Some of the scenes were just a little mature for what I expected.
Reviewer Age:12
Reviewer City, State and Country: Annandale, VA United States