Wednesday, June 01, 2016

A new student review of Lady Renegades by Rachel Hawkins

sakurafrost posted a new student review of Lady Renegades by Rachel Hawkins. See the full review.

Even though I haven't read the other books in the series, Rachel Hawkins wove a lot of hints into Lady Renegades and it was easy to infer the main points of the prequels. Because of this I didn't feel confused at any point. This book was also written really smoothly. Usually you can break a book into sections, like if I were giving a summary of a story I'd say, 'Oh, the first part's about this, the second part's about that,' but I couldn't do that with Lady Renegades. The flow of the book was awesome and carried the reader across an amazing and twisting plotline. Overall, it was a fun read; the only criticism I have is about the ending. I liked how Harper was forced into this impossible decision about killing David, and I was totally caught off guard when she made her choice. But I feel like the relaistic emotional repercussions Harper would have were minimized, making her seem like she didn't care about her friend as much as I thought. I also feel that the cost of happiness in Lady Renegades was too small, Harper herself didn't lose all that much. Even so, I would reccommend this book to anyone who likes magic and action.