Thursday, February 19, 2015

A new student review of The Secret Ingredient by Stewart Lewis

thudson36 posted a new student review of The Secret Ingredient by Stewart Lewis. See the full review.

I think The Secret Ingredient by Stewart Lewis is a great, contemporary book.  It has a unique storyline that kept me interested throughout the whole story. The main character, Olivia, is very well developed and I enjoyed learning about her personality and her many quirks. I appreciated how most of the characters were unique and relatable.  One of my favorite things about this book is how there is another ongoing story that Olivia is creating, after she finds the cookbook that belonged to a woman named Rose. Finally, I also liked how passionate Olivia was about cooking and found myself absorbed in what she was making, even though I'm not interested in cooking myself. Overall, I thought this was a great novel and would recommend it to anyone looking for a light, contemporary novel.